What is needed to play Imbibe?
- A pack of Imbibe Cards
- Some friends (the more the merrier)
- An empty pint glass
How to Play Imbibe
Step 1: Put an empty large glass (a pint glass is recommended) in the centre of the players. Each individual player should have their own drink. Players should always drink from their own drink unless a card specifically specifies otherwise. Spread a circle of Imbibe cards around the glass without any gaps.
Step 2: One player at a time each player draws one card from the circle, trying not to break it. The player then shows or announces the card to all players and carries out any action associate with the card. The card drawn is then put into a discard pile separate to the remaining playing cards. Players take it in turn to draw cards from the circle and carry out their actions until the circle is broken. The player that breaks the circle drinks from their own drink. The remaining cards (excluding those discarded) are then repositioned and spread to form a new unbroken circle around the glass.
Step 3: Repeat Step 2 until a new circle cannot be formed (usually when only 10 or less cards are remaining). The remaining cards should then be piled on top of each other with each new player taking it in turns to draw from the top and carry out the action associated with the card. The card when finished with is added to the discard pile. The game ends when there are no cards left.
Step 4: Reshuffle and play again.
RuleThe player that picks this card can make up any ‘Rule’ to be used in the game. This ‘Rule’ lasts until the next person draws a 'Rule’ card. Some examples of good rules are given below, let your imagination take over.
- No D words - Any player who says drink, drunk, or drank at any time during the game has to drink.
- No swearing - Any player who swears or uses a curse word has to drink.
- No first names - Any player who says the name of another person has to drink.
- Time Out - If any player says the name of another person, the player must place their forehead on the table until someone else breaks the rule.
- No Pointing - Any player who points at another person at any time during the game has to drink